Treatments Offered on Sura Detox Retreats
The UK's Leading Detox Retreat
They are offered as additional extras to the price of the retreat, and are booked on the opening night of the retreat.
Organisation of the therapies is handled by Benita, and each of our therapists are scheduled according to need and availability.
- Dynamic Detox Massage:
The intention of this treatment is releasing and relaxing and will help you to unwind from the stresses and strains you carry around.
It will focus on the muscle groups that take the strain in your working life.
This treatment covers the back, shoulders and limbs and takes one hour.
- Shiatsu massage:
- Shiatsu is a powerful, relaxing form of bodywork which was developed in Japan. The practitioner uses gentle stretches and pressure over the whole body. Shiatsu can change patterns and supports the bodies self healing process.
Shiatsu works on balancing the flow of energy, or Chi in the body.
This is done by working on acupressure points and the channels or meridians that this energy flows through. This unblocks stagnant areas and strengthens areas of weakness and can leave you feeling relaxed, revitalised, centred, and more comfortable in your body.
Treatments take place fully clothed so please wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Aromatherapy body massage:
- This treatment uses the subtle benefits of aromatherapy oils to help you and your body with the Detox process, bringing balance and gentle support when you feel more delicate or when you prefer a softer touch. This treatment covers the back, shoulders, head and limbs and takes one hour..
This treatment covers the back, shoulders, head and limbs, and involves slower and lighter stroking movements, gentle pressure on pressure points, with more focus on the transmission of healing energy and balancing of energy flow.
It takes around one hour.
- Holistic Facial Treatment:
A luscious and pampering treatment, using the Australian Miessence skin care range which is 100 % organic, based on Aloe Vera, Jojoba, essential oils and herbal extracts.
The facial treatment involves a facial massage, a three-step cleansing routine (cleanse, exfoliant, mask), followed by conditioning and moisturizing applications.
This facial takes about 1 hour and is the favourite of many of our returning customers.
- Top and Toe:
Combines the benefits of a neck and shoulder massage, with the relaxing and balancing qualities of a reflexology treatment.
The two treatments from which this is drawn are quite different, and complimentary.
This treatment aims to give you the best of both of these worlds in just half an hour.
- This treatment of the feet has a longstanding reputation for being an excellent balancer to all the bodily functions and organs, as well as being a channel for emotional release and integration. Some people experience spiritual and exquisite sensations during the treatment, others drop into a state of deeply nourishing relaxation.
The effects of reflexology keep surprising me, even after 10 years of practicing this simple therapy. I would recommend it specifically for people who have an ongoing medical condition such as hormone imbalance or for people with psychosomatic conditions such as IBS. For those who feel shy and held back regarding full body treatments, reflexology is a wonderful alternative. Reflexology works on the feet only and lasts 50 minutes.
- Abdominal Massage:
- This treatment has two main aims. Firstly it helps physically with the effectiveness of the colonic irrigation. Secondly it can help you to reconnect emotionally and energetically with your abdominal area.
By bringing awareness to the abdominal area with a combination of slow deep pressure, soothing stroking movements and holding, and more dynamic rocking, gentle shaking and breath work you are encouraged to connect with this area which is so often ignored. This will sometimes facilitate emotional release as well as physical release. The practitioner will adapt each treatment to your own needs.
This treatment is given fully clothed so please wear loose, comfortable clothing.
30 minute or 1 hour sessions available.
- Lymphatic Detox Massage:
A lymphatic massage maximizes the movement of stagnant tissue fluids (which tend to be toxic) towards the lymph nodes.
This is helpful in shedding toxins from fat deposits under the skin such as tummy and thighs and draining areas of water retention.
A lymphatic massage contains gentle percussion, pulsing strokes and pumping motions towards the lymph nodes in your body. The treatment covers the whole body and takes 1 hour.
- La Stone Massage:
- LaStone (Hot stone massage) therapy combines the benefits of hydrotherapy (water therapy) and thermotherapy (heat therapy) with massage techniques, to create a deeply relaxing and healing treatment. The flat, river stones are warmed in water, in a special heater, to between 125 and 135 degrees. Some of the stones are then placed on strategic places on your body, while others are used for deep tissue massage. Cooler stones are also used to create contrast and stimulate blood flow in certain areas. The benefits of LaStone massage include: improved circulation, improved blood flow to tissues, improved elimination of toxins and waste products.
- Astrology Consultation:
- An astrology reading offers you the possibility to look into the mirror of your birth chart, gain insight and perspective from it, and understand better where you are at in your life with your family history, work, relationships, ambitions, individuality. It is an invitation to inquire into the blueprint of your life and recognise how you ‘tick’.
By no means fated or predictive, it challenges you to welcome yourself more fully into your true nature and appreciate the complex puzzle of your life. In order to draw your chart, you have to provide place, date and time of birth, if you cannot provide the exact time of birth, certain areas of your chart will remain vague and indications will be less specific, but still quite revealing!
An astrology reading takes about an hour in preparation, and an hour and a half in session with you. The reading will be recorded and you will get an MP3 copy of this recording for you to take home.
PRICELIST FOR SURA DETOX TREATMENTS
|Dynamic body massage
|Aromatherapy body massage
|Top & Toe
||1 ½ hour
||1 ½ hour
Find more info on the blog
See the blog - bristling with articles, recipes, and resources on our health and how it relates to the wider world around.
All with the usual degree of smarmy banter and intellectual derision in the personable, frank and contextual Sura style.
Dao now offers personal nutritional counselling by phone, skype or face to face
One-off sessions or a full course designed to strengthen you onto a new path with both understanding and implementing changes
ONLINE SUPERFOODS SHOP
Amida also sells essential detox & superfood supplies from his online store 'Detox Trading'.
Increase your nutritional content, get new inspiration for recipes, and diverisfy the taste range available to you through these superfoods.